This homemade Caesar dressing will liven up your Caesar salads with its garlicky aroma and creamy flavor.
This is a great recipe to try if you’ve never dabbled with making salad dressing on your own- the flavors are bang on!
The perfect balance of flavors from the olive oil, anchovy paste, lemon juice, grated Parmesan cheese and the salt and pepper make this the best Caesar dressing recipe you’ll have ever tried!
What I Love About the Recipe
To make authentic Caesar dressing, you’ll need to start off with raw eggs- ideally pasteurized eggs.
If you’re not a fan of using the raw egg yolk or raw egg for that matter, this recipe is perfect for you.
I’ve used mayonnaise and some Greek yogurt to compensate for the creaminess that the raw egg yolk offers, and it was such a success!
It has to be the best Caesar salad dressing recipe I’ve ever tried my hands at.
Ingredients For the Caesar Dressing Recipe
The dressing ingredients are super simple, and most of them are pantry staples.
Mayonnaise: We start off with mayonnaise as the base for the Caesar dressing.
Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is another important ingredient to use to make this creamy Caesar dressing.
Parmesan cheese: A sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese can also add some nice salty flavor to the dressing.
Lemon: A dash of fresh lemon juice can really help tie all the beautiful flavors together.
Anchovies: Anchovies or anchovy paste is another essential that lends a nice rich umami flavor to the Caesar salad dressing.
Garlic: I used fresh garlic to add some pungent flavor to the classic Caesar salad dressing.
Mustard: Mustard lends a nice savory flavor to the Cesar dressing.
Seasonings: I used simple seasonings of salt and pepper for this creamy Caesar salad dressing.
How to Make Caesar Dressing
Once you have the Caesar dressing ingredients ready, here’s what you’ll need to do next.
Step 1: Combine Ingredients in a Food Processor and Blitz
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Serve over Caesar salad in a medium bowl.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
Ready to give this homemade dressing recipe a try? Here are some more tips and tricks to take note of.
- If you’re not using the oil from the anchovy fillets, and are sticking to just some anchovy paste, you might want to add some olive oil into the mix as well.
- I would recommend using extra virgin olive oil, but if you don’t have it, you could use any neutral oil like avocado oil too.
- Most homemade Caesar salad dressing recipes call for the use of Dijon mustard, but I like to use regular mustard for the recipe.
- If you don’t have the fresh lemon juice, you can use the bottled variety instead. The idea is to lend the dressing some freshness and a bit of a tangy flavor, which lemon juice totally offers.
- Don’t forget to add some freshly ground black pepper into the dressing- it really helps lend some extra deliciousness to it.
What Other Variations Can I Try?
To lend this salad dressing some more flavor, you can add a bit of Worcestershire sauce into the mix too. The Worcestershire sauce teams up beautifully with the anchovy paste, lemon juice and the olive oil creating a concoction with wicked, unforgettable flavors.
Fish sauce can also be another great addition to this Caesar dressing.
How Do I Store the Caesar Dressing?
If you have any leftover dressing, you can store it for later in a clean airtight container or a glass jar.
The homemade Caesar dressing can stay fresh for up to 3 days, if not more.
How to Serve the Caesar Dressing
The best way to serve this Caesar dressing is to pour it over your chicken Caesar salad or any other salads for that matter.
I like to use it as a dressing with salads that use Romaine lettuce in particular, as the creamy and tangy flavors of the dressing work perfectly with the crunch from the lettuce.
More Simple Recipe Ideas
If you enjoyed making my version of the authentic Caesar dressing, and are inspired to try some more homemade dressing recipes or healthy recipes, here are some good ones to check out.
Learn how to make homemade caeser dressing with this esy and delicious recipe.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 anchovies + 1 tbsp of the oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Serve over Caesar salad in a medium bowl.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 695mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g